GINGER DETOX BATH
The healing power of GINGER !
We love to detox, and going to a sauna is almost our number one favourite thing to do ! So when we heard that you could sweat it out in the comfort of your own home with just a stick of ginger and a bath! We had to share it !
You can use either fresh grated ginger or ginger powder. Add ½ a cup of freshly grated ginger or a rounded teaspoon of ginger powder in hot or warm water and soak for 15-20 minutes. You can also add Epsom Salts to draw toxins from the body and help sooth achy muscles. Remember that the ginger bath will make you sweat profusely for at least an hour afterwards, so wear a bathrobe or sweat clothes. Make sure you drink plenty of water after the bath. If you have sensitive skin or are allergy-prone, test ginger on your skin for irritation before the bath.
Here is the break down:
- 1 c. Epsom salts
- 3 Tbsp. ground ginger
- A few drops of Ginger essential oil or other scent preference (optional)
- Fill your bath tub with the hottest water you can stand.
- Add the salt, ginger and optional oil to the running water and give it a good swirl to incorporate.
- When the tub is full submerge yourself up to your neck. It’s okay to do this slowly as it will be super hot.
- Try to stay in for 15 minutes and up to 30.
- When finished towel off and hop in the bed for an hour to sweat.
- Afterwards rinse off in the shower and continue to rest.
- Drink plenty of fluids!
The healing properties of ginger:
- Calms nausea, including motion sickness dizziness
- Relieves gas and bloating
- Helps stop diarrhea
- Boosts digestion
- Calms menstrual cramps
- Relieves headaches
- Stabilises blood pressure (equally when too high or too low)
- Lowers cholesterol
- Soothes cold and flu symptoms, as well as respiratory infections
- Known for its anti-cancer properties
- Freshens the breath naturally